WHAT IS the NATIONAL BIBLIOMETRIC INSTRUMENT?
National Bibliometric Instrument (IBN) is the biggest Open Access electronic library of articles published in national scientific journals, as well as conference proceedings from the Republic of Moldova for 1993-2019.
National Bibliometric Instrument targets:
• researchers, PhD students, MSc students, graduate students – for research, identifying modern trends in various areas, setting up collaboration networks, reporting, bibliographies etc.;
• authors – tracking articles in scientific journals, access to various statistics about publications etc.;
• decision makers – for up-to-date information on publications in national scientific journals, various statistics on publications for decision making during the evaluation of PhD students, researchers, research groups, RDI organisations;
• society at large – for a comprehensive overview of national research publications in various areas.
IBN is the final outcome of the project Development of the National Bibliometric Instrument, carried out during 2010-2011 by the Information Society Development Institute (ISDI), and is being continously updated by ISDI. IBN aims to become a tool for bibliometric, webometric and altmetric analysis of the national scientific publications.
IBN is registered in several international platforms and directories:
- 1 February 2016 - webometrics.info platform
- 4 June 2018 - Registry of Open Access Repositories - ROAR
- 31 October 2018 - Directory of Open Access Repositories - OpenDOAR
For more information about IBN, see IBN leaflet
Access Visual identity page to download and use IBN logos.